The Special Interdepartmental Committee of the Interdisciplinary Program of Postgraduate Studies “BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING” decided at its meeting No 6 / 6-5 / 2020 the announcement of thirty (30) postgraduate students for the academic year 2020-2021.
In the Interdisciplinary Master Program participate the following departments of University of Patras:
- the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- the Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics
- the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering and
- the Department of Medicine of the School of Health Sciences
The successful completion of the Interdisciplinary Master Program “BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING” requires three academic semesters for a total of 90 ECTS credits.
The goals of the Interdisciplinary Master Program are:
- The specialization of engineers and scientists in the medical technology applications, in order to enable them to contribute to the development of the Biomedical Technology Sector and to promote health.
- The in-depth training and development of research capabilities of postgraduate students, in order to ensure their specialization and their contribution to the cultivation and development of primary scientific research, as well as to the formation and promotion of scientific thinking.
The following Departments / Faculties qualify for enrollment: Physics, Mathematics, Informatics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science, Medicine, Biology, School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences of NTUA, Applied Mathematics Technical University of Crete, Digital Systems, Materials Science Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and holders of equivalent qualifications of domestic or foreign institutions (requires recognition DOATAP).
Applications may also be submitted by graduate students of the above Departments / Schools, provided that they have submitted a Certificate of Completion of their studies before the application deadline.
Submission, Selection and Deadlines :
The selection of postgraduate students is based on the following criteria:
- The GPA (Grade Point Average) of the degree/diploma
- The grades at the undergraduate courses related to the courses of the MSc
- The grade of the thesis
- Any research activity of the candidate
- The candidate’s interview
The application deadline for the Interdisciplinary Program of Postgraduate Studies “BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING” for the graduate year 2020/2021 is 10 September 2020. During this time-window, candidates are encouraged to submit their admissions to the respective system. The evaluation of the submitted applications will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: All the submitted applications until Sunday 12 of July 2020 will be reviewed.
- Phase 2: All the rest submitted applications until Thursday 10 of September 2020 will be reviewed.
Regarding the aforementioned stages:
- Phase 1: The applications, including the required documents, which are submitted to the platform until 12-7-2020, will be reviewed by the qualified committee during July. There will be no interviews for candidates whose submissions fail to meet the aforementioned criteria. Regarding the eligible candidates, their interviews will be held during the second half of July’s and after a 5-day period, the first group of accepted individuals will be announced. Their number must not exceed 50% percent of the total available positions. However, the submissions of the eligible candidates of the first phase will be reviewed again in September.
- Phase 2: The applications, including the required documents, which are submitted to the platform from 13-7-2020 until 10-9-2020, will be reviewed by the qualified committee during September. There will be no interviews for candidates whose submissions fail to meet the aforementioned criteria. Regarding the eligible candidates, their interviews will be held during the second half of September’s and after a 5-day period, the second and last group of accepted individuals will be announced.
During the aforementioned time-window, only one submission per candidate is allowed.
The minimum duration of studies is three (3) academic semesters, including the postgraduate Diploma Thesis. The IPPM – “BIM” grants an Interdisciplinary Diploma in Postgraduate Studies (BMI) in “Biomedical Engineering”. During their studies, candidates are required to attend and successfully attend courses, as well as to successfully complete the postgraduate dissertation. The teaching of the courses, as well as the writing of the diploma thesis, is done in English.
The start of the courses will take place in the first week of October 2020.
Required Documents for Candidate Application:
Interested parties are requested to submit their supporting documents by 10 September 2020 via the portal:
- Application (located at the above url)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Interest report in relation to the postgraduate diploma thesis area
- Evidence of good English (B2 level or higher than the state language qualification)
- At least two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes (the details of the retired persons are also given in the candidate’s application). The letters of recommendation signed can be sent by the authors and electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scientific publications (if any)
- Study titles, breakdown of all years of study, copies of research papers (if any). The prerequisite for the choice of the postgraduate student is to have a grade of 7/10 or equivalent. Holders of foreign-born titles apply for postgraduate studies, and in the event that their application is accepted, they must provide validated and translated (in Greek) by the local consular authorities, certificates and diplomas. Graduation requires the equivalence and correspondence of their titles with the DOAATP. All entries are completed before starting the winter semester course.
- Photocopy of identity
- A recent photo
Relevant information is provided:
You may also find the aforementioned announcement written in Greek here
The Director of the Master Program
Associate Professor Konstantinos Moustakas